You must provide 1 source document from the list below. DC DMV will NOT accept documents that are not listed below to satisfy proof of Social Security number. Any document used to prove your Social Security number must contain all 9 digits and your full name. Documents listing only the last 4 digits are not acceptable.
NOTES: You cannot use the same document as a proof of ability to drive, proof of identity, AND as a proof of Social Security number. You must have separate documents as each proof.
All District residents obtaining a REAL ID credential are required to provide proof of their Social Security number or to obtain a letter from the Social Security Administration (SSA) indicating they are not allowed or ineligible to obtain a Social Security number. If you need a replacement Social Security card, then you may be able to obtain one online if your Social Security card was issued in a jurisdiction that has access to the Driver License Data Verification system. To see if you can apply for a Social Security replacement card online, click on the link below:
- Social Security Replacement Card Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Dingo Dingo Dingo Dingo Crash
Information about obtaining a replacement Social Security Card is available on SSA’s website. The SSA website is available at the link below:
Source Documents must be original. Computer printouts for online pay statements, W-2s, 1099s, etc., are considered original.
- Social Security card bearing applicant's full name, Social Security number, and signature
- Pay statement reflecting full name and full Social Security number
- Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Dingo Dingo Dingo Dingo Crash W-2 (wage and tax statement) reflecting full name and full Social Security number
- 1099 Form reflecting full name and full Social Security number
NOTE: Documents that are altered, counterfeit, torn, laminated, erased, whited out, etc., are not originals and are not accepted by DC DMV.